Name:
Location: a tiny town in the Olympics, Olympic Mountains Washington, United States

I am a woman in my middle fifties who is still married to the love of my life since 1969. We were married Valentines day 1970 in a small wedding in my parents home. On our journey together we have lived in many places, Spokane,where we went to college,Bremerton where we moved after college, Navy Yard city where we bought our first tiny house, East Bremerton where we built our second house in a subdivision, Silverdale where we built our third home which was to be our final home, Poulsbo where we lived in a tiny fifth wheel for a year after we moved all our belongings to South Dakota where we were supposed to be moving, a trailer park in Quilcene where we lived in a larger fifth wheel for 2 years while we were getting our little piece of land ready to move onto as per county codes where we now live and have lived very happily for almost 11 years. I have been many things over the years but mostly I am a woman, a wife, a mother, a sister, a daughter and a loyal friend. I believe life is one giant cosmic song and all life are movements within the great symphony of the creator. I am a symphony with many movements and so dear friend are you.

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Angels in my Life

A while back I began to create cards from my stash of old and discontinued wall paper books. As I was looking through all the papers for inspiration I kept thinking about the people in my life who I consider to be Angels and also about all the encounters that I have had with these Spirit Beings during my 55 years. I began to see angels in the prints and in the blank places between the prints that inspired me to create this series of cards using snippetts of some of these prints as well as inclusions of other found materials such as feathers found on my property, and ribbons or flower petals or paint and glitter stars.
This has been a fun and absorbing creative time for me. Here is my introduction to the latest in the series. She is number 8 and I have named her Flora Abhren. To me she is the song of the flower seeds. Spring is around the corner and with it new life in the flower beds and everywhere else too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home